[Created: 17 Jan., 2017]
January 31, 2023
I have put together a number of anthologies of classical liberal writings on various themes and individuals, some of which have been published in book form (see this page), and others only online.
At the Online Library of Liberty:
- Tracts on Liberty by the Levellers and their Critics (1638-1659), 7 vols. Edited by David M. Hart and Ross Kenyon (Indianapolis: Liberty Fund, 2014-). It will contain about 300 pamphlets and tracts from the English Civil Wars and Revolution. Summary of the Project and a Complete table of contents. There are also two antholgies of Leveller tracts and an essay on their "art":
- An anthology of over 500 Quotations about Liberty and Power with comments and annotations by David M. Hart.
- The OLL Reader: An Anthology of the Best of the Online Library of Liberty [Updated January 6, 2017 - 78 items].
- James Mill, The Political Writings of James Mill: Essays and Reviews on Politics and Society, 1815-1836, ed. David M. Hart (OLL, 2013).
- The Collected Works of Lysander Spooner (1834-1886), in 5 vols. (OLL, 2010), with a chronological and thematic listing of all 36 works by Spooner in the OLL collection. This provides access to the HTML versions of all of his works.
- Thomas Gordon, Thomas Gordon’s Political Discourses on Tacitus and Sallust: Tyranny, Empire, War, and Corruption (1728-1744), ed. David M. Hart (Indianapolis: Liberty Fund, 2013).
- A collection of "illustrated essays": Images of Liberty and Power.
- Key Documents of Liberty - a collection of some of the most important legal documents, charters, constitutions, and declarations in the western tradition.
At this website: